Welcome to my Website:
This is not meant to be an all-inclusive website with the last word on ethanol or
biofuels. It is primarily my introduction to anyone who has in interest in developing
a biofuels production facility or is looking for a clear and concise perspective
on where the ethanol industry has been, where it is and where it might be headed.
The following is a brief outline of my activities.
- I became interested in ethanol in while operating a cash grain farm in 1980, believing
that the energy market was a potential answer to continual overproduction and agricultural
surpluses. This experience in agricultural is invaluable for assessing the economics
of ethanol feedstocks and understanding the potential for the next generation of
biobased crop production.
- My interest in agriculture and ethanol, evolved into political activities, creating
the Minnesota Model, assisting related policy issues in other states, Washington
D.C., Australia and Canada.
- In 1986, I began a career in ethanol, creating an educational and marketing program
in Minnesota centered around the “Ethanol Answerman.” I developed a program of fuel
seminars for mechanics, did troubleshooting for gasoline retailers and created a
training video on oxygenated fuels in off-road engines, for vocational schools,
small engine manufacturers and mechanics.
- I founded a consulting company called Ethanol Marketing and Management Services,
and in 1991 began developing the first ethanol cooperatives in Minnesota, eventually
working with 10 of the current 16 producers.
- In 1999 I structured an ethanol marketing company for Delta-T Corporation. Upon
completion, I was asked to join Delta-T to market ethanol and manage their U.S.
Business Development division. As the industry began its rapid expansion, I soon
concentrated only on developing new ethanol projects and remained in that position
until 2006 when I left on very good terms.
- I am now providing consulting services as LLJ Consulting and Business Development.
The new energy and agricultural economics, rapidly evolving technology, environmental
issues, financing difficulties and irresponsible media, assure that the plants of
the future will not be the same as those of the past decade.
- My years of experience, varied activities and extensive knowledge on energy and
project related issues will serve a client well to design and implement a concise
and efficient project development strategy.
- My agricultural and energy knowledge, project and marketing experience, political
and PR activities and extensive network in the industry will provide a valuable
addition to your next energy related venture.